Tuesday 1 March 2011

On the Newstands ....


As readers of my blog know JContheCover, the name of my first website was created to feature magazines Joan has appeared on from the 1950's to the present day.

By way of a change, I thought it would be an idea to see if I could feature the magazines of Joan that would have been on sale on newstands on a particular date.

For the 1st March,I found 19 magazines, ranging from 1957 to 1994.

I have chosen this issue of ABC Film Review from 1st March 1960, with Joan on the cover from the film Seven Thieves. This magazine was first published in 1951 by Associated British Cinemas Ltd and sold at ABC cinemas only. It became a monthly magazine in 1951 and in 1972 changed it's name to Film Review.

51 years ago this magazine would have cost you 6D(pence). Check back tomorrow for more daily Newstand Magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment